Ground Rules

This is THL Jerusha a'laon, your Virtual Herald.

This is my own space and the opinions on this blog are my own and are not in any way, shape or form those of the officers, Crowns and Coronets of Atenveldt. This is a free and open space for anyone who is interested in additional content from the Virtual Herald.

I'm not interested in having this blog become a political battleground. I just want to be able to serve my kingdom as well as have an outlet for the journalism and photography degree I got from Northern Arizona University. Please respect that.

All comments are subject to moderation and removal.

8/10/2011

An Atenvelder at Pennsic: Of Chili and Wire Weaving

Hello!

Today I took a viking wire weaving class taught by Baroness Betha of the Aethelmarc.  I got to make my own mini chain and make it into a nice bracelet to wear.  She was very enthusiastic about all things wire!  I'll be doing a feather length article to follow up on her and her work.  In the meantime, check out her site:  It's quite awesome!





Once the class ended, I made my Way to Caid to meet up with some people that my friend Kythera.  Unfortunately, they were not in camp, but I gave my regards.  I then caught a bus and took a tour of the site.  I took some pictures along the way.  The Heraldic Walking Tour is tomorrow and I can't wait to see what exciting pictures I get.  Here are some that I took on the bus.  Gotta love the ingenuity of the SCA!



After that, I made my way back through Merchants row back to camp.  I stopped and checked out the tail end of a magician's show.  The gentleman was a great sleight of hand artist, and quite entertaining.  He had us all in stitches by the time he was done.  I showed my appreciation by emptying my change purse.


After that, I got back to camp and made ready for Ansteorra's Chili Night.  I had a hearty chili with beans, cheese and cornbread.  There were lots of folks there and I enjoyed a nice conversation with Master Joseph and Lady Aasni.  In fact, it was so enjoyable, I am now running behind.

Midnight Maddness is going on right now and I've got money burning a hole in my pocket.  Off to go spend! 

2 comments:

  1. :) You must have gotten the beans added or the veggie chili. TRUE Ansteorran chili has no beans. I am glad you enjoyed it tho. I really enjoy seeing everyone who comes through camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get the beans added on to my chili. I like beans. I grew up with them. :)

    The cornbread was also quite delicious! Didn't have the courage to try the jalapeno bread, though.

    My thanks to the Kingdom of Ansteorra for their generosity. :)

    ReplyDelete