Ground Rules

This is THL Jerusha a'laon, your Virtual Herald.

This is my own space and the opinions on this blog are my own and are not in any way, shape or form those of the officers, Crowns and Coronets of Atenveldt. This is a free and open space for anyone who is interested in additional content from the Virtual Herald.

I'm not interested in having this blog become a political battleground. I just want to be able to serve my kingdom as well as have an outlet for the journalism and photography degree I got from Northern Arizona University. Please respect that.

All comments are subject to moderation and removal.

8/09/2011

An Atenveldter at Pennsic: A Dancing We Shall Go!

The good news is that I made it to the Barn before the big storm hit.  The bad news is that I left the SD card still plugged in to my computer, which is back at camp.
Fear not!  I still have my trusty smart phone and was able to snap some shots of the dancing.  I was also able to get some video, but that footage will have to wait until I gaet home to upload.  As my fiance' has quoted from one of the several podcasts he listened to, "The best camera is the one you have with you."
Lot's of people, twirling in their finery.  A top knotch live band with a huge variety of instuments.  All levels of dancers are on the floor.  The more experienced helping those that are newer.  Kids running arounds and a general atmosphere of joy and gaity surround the Barn, even though it's raining buckets outside.  Truly the setting for magic and a beauty that is part of the SCA.
I am sitting to the side, listening to the music and watching the dancers.  During an alamande, I saw the lead dancer directing a line of dancers that encircled the entire barn.  She was dancing with her lord and the joy in their faces as they came together was a true stardust moment. 
The costumes are beautiful.  We have Turkish ladies, Burgundian gentlemen and everything in between.  Darn it!  I wish I hadn't forgotten the SD card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment