Ground Rules

This is THL Jerusha a'laon, your Virtual Herald.

This is my own space and the opinions on this blog are my own and are not in any way, shape or form those of the officers, Crowns and Coronets of Atenveldt. This is a free and open space for anyone who is interested in additional content from the Virtual Herald.

I'm not interested in having this blog become a political battleground. I just want to be able to serve my kingdom as well as have an outlet for the journalism and photography degree I got from Northern Arizona University. Please respect that.

All comments are subject to moderation and removal.

10/01/2011

Kingdom A and S 2011 - Barony of Tir Ysgthir - Boars and Beverages

Greetings!

I'm sitting at in the common dining area at the Hotel Tucson, people watching and enjoying the music from the musicians, the chatter of the populace, and keeping an eye out on the Silent Auction.   So far,  the event has been very social, with people flitting back and forth between the various artisan displays, the silent auction, the merchant on site (who is is making a killing, by the way... I just added several new books to my collection)  The hotel setting is very good for this event, because the lounge is available for drinks and there is plenty of food and drink available..as well as air conditioning.



Morning court was held outdoors under the Baronial Pavilion.  Unfortunately, my camera died *right* before court started.  I'm sure there were several folks taking pictures, though.

Before court, I got the chance to walk around and take a look at some of the entries as they came in as well as take some pictures of the crowd.  After court, I set up the Silent Auction and assisted with rounding up judges.  Right now, we are waiting for the rooms to open.  I'll be walking around after I post this (and now that my camera battery is all juiced up) to take more pictures.  All of these will be available on the Picasa albums this evening once I get to an actual internet connection.

I had the honor to judge the Writing Research category.  There was only one entry, and it was a *very* interesting article.  The author chose not to identify themselves, but I offered to publish their paper on this blog and do an interview.  Here's hoping they look me up.

Tournaments were also held.  Duke Eduard sponsored a hardsuit tournament and Lord William sponsored a rapier tournament.  They were held outside in front of the Baronial Pavillion.

I'm now going to get up and take some pictures of folks relaxing as well as the artisan displays as well as the Champion and entry rooms when they are open.  Stay tuned to the Aten Facebook Page for coverage of final court as we announce the winners of the categories and who will be this year's Atenveldt A&S Champion!





No comments:

Post a Comment