Ground Rules

This is THL Jerusha a'laon, your Virtual Herald.

This is my own space and the opinions on this blog are my own and are not in any way, shape or form those of the officers, Crowns and Coronets of Atenveldt. This is a free and open space for anyone who is interested in additional content from the Virtual Herald.

I'm not interested in having this blog become a political battleground. I just want to be able to serve my kingdom as well as have an outlet for the journalism and photography degree I got from Northern Arizona University. Please respect that.

All comments are subject to moderation and removal.

8/03/2011

An Atenveldter at Pennsic: The Preparation Continues...

Yesterday I stopped by at my peer's house (Dame Katherine of Cate Hall) to get some headgear she made for me to wear at Pennsic.  I try to do my best to be more authentic in my dress and wear a head covering like a proper lady of the time, but it's hard, especially since I tend to run around like a chicken with my head cut off at events. I suspect that Pennsic will be no exception.  But, give it a shot I will.

Packing is still in progress.  And by in progress, I mean not done at all.  I'm washing my clothes and getting all my toiletries in order and determining what goes where.  Luckily, I get to check in two bags with my flight, so I should have plenty of room for everything I need.

I'm also figuring out the structure of my trip.  I will be posting rapid fire updates to this blog throughout the day and in the evenings I'll probably do a longer, retrospective post giving an overview of the day's events and observations.  I'm not much of a party goer (I got over that when I was 23) but I want to leave myself the opportunity to go out in the evening if there is something interesting going on (and from what I'm told, there definitely will be) so my post may not go up until the morning. 

Based on information I have already received, I know that I will definitely be reporting on the following:

  • Opening and Closing Ceremonies
  • Pennsic History Exhibit
  • Food Court (by request)
  • Heraldry Walking Tour
Again, if anyone else has any requests or suggestions, please let me know.  I can't guarantee I'll get to all of them, but If they are on my list, they certainly have a chance. 

I'm starting to get excited about the trip.  This is going to be a great time, I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment